Last revised December 10, 2013
1. Information we collect
Information collected automatically: When you use Flert, we automatically collect and store information about your mobile device or computer and your activities. This information includes:
1. Your mobile device's ID numbers (for iOS 6+ these include ‘Identifier for Vendor’ and ‘Advertiser Identifier’)
2. Your mobile device's geographic location while the app is actively running
3. Your computer's IP address if accessing our website
4. Technical information about your computer or mobile device (such as type of device, web browser or operating system) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information
5. Your preferences and settings (time zone, language, privacy preferences, product preferences, etc.)
6. The URL of the last web page you visited before coming to one of our sites
7. The buttons, controls and ads you clicked on (if any)
8. Cookies on our website that help us distinguish between repeat visitors and new visitors. They allows us help us save and update your preferences. If your browser is set reject cookies, then Flert does not take responsibility for any problems in functionality.
9. Web beacons to help us personalize Flert, particularly for email communications.
10. How long you used Flert and which services and features you used
11. The online or offline status of Flert on your devices
Information you choose to provide:
Information from Facebook: In order to register, you will be asked to sign-in using your Facebook account login. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, including information about your Facebook friends who might be common Facebook friends with other Flert users. By allowing us to access your Facebook account, you understand that we will obtain and may share certain of your information including your public profile, name, and profile picture, as well as your email address, birthday, work history, education history, current city, photos, likes and your Facebook friends’ names, profile pictures, relationship status, relationship interests, birthdays and current cities. We only obtain information from your Facebook account that you specifically authorize and grant us permission to obtain. If we ever add to the list of Facebook authorizations you will be required to give your permission again.
Information you provide directly to Flert: When you register with Flert, you will be asked to provide certain other information, including your gender, location, and gender preferences. We may also ask for additional information about yourself that may or may not be optional (such as height, religion, ethnicity and descriptive categories of yourself.) Any information that you provide in the non-personal identifiable section of your profile will be viewable by your match.
Whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly viewable screens or pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
2. How we use your information
1. Facilitate matches with other Flert users
2. Provide, maintain, and improve our services
3. Communicate with you about related information, offers, promotions, news and other information that may be relevant to you
4. Monitor and analyze data to better understand our users
6. Investigate and prevent fraud or other illegal activities
7. Diagnose and fix problems;
Email: We require an email address when you register to create your users account on Flert. We get your email address from Facebook once you have accepted the authorization to do so. We use your email for both “administrative” and “promotional” purposes. Email messages we send you may contain code that enables our database to track your usage of the e-mails, including whether the e-mail was opened and what links (if any) were clicked. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time via the opt-out links provided in such communications. However, we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to Flert such as service announcements, security alerts, update notices, or other administrative messages without affording you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications.
Research: In addition to the uses outlined above, by using Flert you agree to allow us to anonymously use the information from you and your experiences to research dating trends and understand what makes successful matches and relationships. This research is intended to improve the Flert experience and maybe be published in our site, emails, blogs or promotional materials. All of your responses and specific experiences are kept anonymous.
3. Sharing your information
The information we collect is primarily used to improve the content and the quality of Flert’s service. We will not share your personal information without your consent to/with any other parties) for commercial purposes, except: (a) to provide Flert, (b) when we have your permission, or (c) or under the following instances:
Service Providers: We may share all of the types of information we collect with vendors who provide services to us (e.g. analytics providers, security and technology providers)
Advertisers: To the extent we ever decide to display advertising on Flert, we may allow advertisers and advertising networks to collect information about your mobile device (including mobile device IDs), activities, and geographic location to enable them to display targeted ads to you.
Analytics Companies: We allow analytics companies to use tracking technologies to collect information about our users' computers or mobile devices and their online activities. These companies analyze this information to help us understand how our sites and apps are being used. Analytics companies may use mobile device IDs, as described in the paragraph below (“Mobile device IDs”). Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
Mobile device IDs: In order to recognize you, store your preferences, and track your use of our application, we may store your mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer and the advertiser identifier) when you use the Flert application. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted.
Aggregated Information: We may publicly disclose aggregated information about our users, such as the total number of our users and their overall demographics.
Legal matters: We may disclose any information: in response to a legal request, such as a subpoena, court order, or government demand; to investigate or report illegal activity; or to enforce our rights or defend claims. We may also transfer your information to another company in connection with a corporate restructuring, such as a sale or merger.
What we don't share: We do not provide third parties with your name, address, email address, or phone number.
4. Children's privacy
We do not allow persons under 13 to register for any service, and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from persons under the age of 13. We also try to prevent/block users who are encouraging persons under 13. to use the app.
5. Securing Your Personal Information
We endeavor to safeguard personal information to ensure that information is kept private. However, please be aware that unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, the inherent insecurity of the Internet and other factors, may compromise the security of your personal information at any time. As such, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.